MARBRIDGE VILLAGE (Assisted Living Facility)Location: Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin)
We currently have an opportunity for a Resident Trainer at the Village Assisted Living facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin). Our residential community offers care to adults with a wide variety of cognitive abilities. We provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience and achieve a whole new life. Come work with the best, join our team!
- PART-TIME: All PRN shifts, typical hours are 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am
This position is responsible to the Shift Supervisor for ensuring the safety, well-being and happiness of the Village residents and creating an environment where residents can thrive and reach their full potential. Responsibilities include resident supervision and training to include personal hygiene, cottage cleaning, maintenance and interpersonal communications; ensure resident safety, well-being and personal development of each resident using the resident specific IPP (Individual Program Plan) model. This responsibility includes ensuring compliance with state standards and regulations regarding an assisted living facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with incoming/outgoing staff regarding resident’s needs
- Maintain confidentiality of resident information and records.
- Conduct and document training of residents.
- Follow guidelines concerning supervised medication of residents. Resident trainers supervise and document compliance and non-compliance.
- Assure that residents arise as scheduled (morning staff).
- Assist and encourage residents in reading, participating in and adhering to their written weekly schedule. This includes classes, scheduled activities, and work assignments.
- Assure proper training for residents, this may include; daily hygiene, cottage/bedroom maintenance, getting along with others, problem solving, fire drills, supervised medication procedures, and job training.
- Train and instruct the residents in life skills including personal hygiene, cottage cleaning, closet organization, personal responsibility, problem solving and interpersonal communications
- Understand and carry out resident specific IPP approaches; assist residents in understanding and obtaining their IPP related goals
- Brings concerns about resident non-compliance regarding training or staff regarding training or staff redirection and interpersonal conflicts among residents to the Assistant Director, if urgent, or to the team for discussion at staff meetings
- Performs driving functions as needed and directed by immediate supervisor; follows driving safety rules; inspects and maintains vehicle for cleanliness; reports vehicle maintenance issues to supervisor
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must be at least 21 years of age and hold a current valid Texas Driver License.
- Must have a good driving record.
- One year experience working in a residential setting with individuals with mental or physical challenges.
- Must possess good communication skills and professional manner when relating to staff, residents, vendors and families.
- Must be organized and have ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, be able to communicate, read, speak and write the English language, and perform simple math calculations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Caregivers love to work for Marbridge Foundation! Here are a few perks that we offer to our employees:
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- 401k Retirement plan with employer match
- Basic Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid holidays (including your Birthday!)
- Paid time off
- Assistance with continuing education for CPR/First Aide certifications
- FREE Meals available
- Incentive programs
- Employee recognition programs
- FREE state of the art gym which includes cardio equipment, weights, Pilates room & basketball court
- Hands-on management team – we provide great training so that you’re comfortable from the start
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position to HR@marbridge.org. You may also stop by our human resources office to fill out an application at 2310 Bliss Spillar Road, Manchaca, TX 78652.