MARBRIDGE VILLA (Skilled Nursing Facility)Location: Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin) We…
The Marbridge Foundation is currently seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable specialist to join the Marbridge accounting team. This position is located in Manchaca, Texas, just a few miles south of Austin.
The Accounts Receivable position reports to the Director of Accounting and is responsible for compiling, computing and recording billing charges for services. This position prepares and delivers monthly statements for tuition and other expenses to the appropriate parties for our 3 communities: The Village, The Ranch and the Villa as well as the Food Court and Gymnasium Rental. Duties include receiving payments and posting amount to customer accounts. Payments include but are not limited to tuition, rentals and medical insurance payments. Employee performs bookkeeping, payer account research and administrative work relating to accounts receivable. Work involves auditing, checking balances on accounts and trusts and preparing reports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Process cash receipts
- Post Medicare, Medicaid and other insurance payments
- Set up new residents accounts
- Update and prepare aging reports
- Keep track of admissions, transfers, and discharges so appropriate charges and payments are posted correctly
- Post payments to accounts including tuition, salary, Social Security benefits, VA benefits and the Texas Health & Human Services Commission
- Review all statements and trust accounts and make adjustments as needed
- Mail out statements by the 25th of each month
- File statements to residents files
- Set up and maintain accounts receivable files and other financial records
- Adjust accounts as appropriate and investigate customer inquiries
- Prepare invoices for data processing
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Skills Required:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- 2-4 years related experience in accounting/bookkeeping, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Must have computer experience, and demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and knowledge of healthcare industry based accounting software. Point Click Care experience a plus.
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Medical billing or insurance accounts receivable (especially Medicare & Medicaid) experience a plus
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, customer service skills, telephone skills, time management and organizational skills, problem solving and decision-making skills, strong mathematical skills, interpersonal skills, decision-making skills, and knowledge of bookkeeping principles, relevant computer applications and accounts receivable procedures.
- Must behave in a professional manner when relating to staff, vendors, residents and their families.
- Must be able to work independently or as a team, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to provide detailed information, handle multiple tasks, proper filing, have a strong sense of urgency, and possess excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be proficient using a calculator, multi phone line system, fax, copy machine, and internet.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply for this position on Indeed here