We currently have full-time opportunities for a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) at our 84-bed skilled nursing facility, where we provide nursing support to an extremely unique population of individuals primarily with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This population makes working at the Villa a much different experience than working at any other nursing facility in the greater Austin area – in the U.S. there are only a handful of nursing facilities that cater primarily to a special needs population.
CNA Positions Available:
- Full-time, 6:00am- 2:00pm, Rotating Days
- Full-time, 2:00pm-10:00pm, Rotating Days
- Full-time, 10:00pm- 6:00am, Rotating Days
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR CNA:
- Assist with carrying out residents assessments and care plans; is knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for each resident, and provides support to the residents according to their care plan. Contributes to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents’ needs and preferences.
- Assist in customary daily requirements and tasks in care and treatment such as bathing, feeding, dressing, observing intake of food, care of hair, nails, and moving residents from area to area
- Provide for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding residents as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning residents; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Provide resident comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting residents; answering call lights and requests; reporting observations of the resident to the charge nurse
- Assist with residents’ personal hygiene by giving baths, showers, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom
- Documents actions of daily care, toileting and feeding by utilizing the Point Click Care system
Qualifications and Skills for CNA:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas
- Holds a current Nurses’ Aide Certificate from the State of Texas.
- Preferred 1 or more years’ experience as a Certified Nurse Aide