The Marbridge Villa is currently hiring for a part-time dietary aide to work approximately 16 hours a week. The dietary aide is expected to work as a team member with one or more cooks and other dietary aides in the daily production, service, and clean up requirements of food service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares foods items, such as beverages, salads, and condiments for residents and employee feeding. Assists cooks as requested in the preparation and service of hot and/or cold foods.
- Assists cooks in portioning prepared items such as desserts, side dishes, and items on tray line as directed.
- Assures freshness, proper serving temperatures, and minimization of food waste.
- Works cooperatively with nursing staff to assure accurate and timely service of meals to residents.
- Works cooperatively with housekeeping staff to assure thorough cleaning and sanitizing of dining area after meal services.
- Inspects, receives and stores grocery items as delivered.
- Maintains standards of quality as specified by the Department of Food & Nutrition and all basic food handling guidelines as specified by local, state and federal health agencies.
- Maintains cost awareness in the preparation and storage of all products with an emphasis on minimizing waste.
- Maintains standards of safety and sanitation as established by the Department of Food & Nutrition and/or local, state and federal health agencies.
- Accurately serves all residents diets as specified by physician’s orders and assures therapeutic menus are followed for each meal services.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Texas Food Handler Certification
- One year experience or equivalent in institutional food service, preferably in a health care setting.
- Must be able to read, write and understand English.
- Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / DEMANDS:
Frequent sitting, standing and walking with occasional bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching, grasping. Frequent lifting and/or carrying 1-25 lbs. and occasionally lifting/carrying 50 lbs. or more.