The Marbridge Experience Summer Camp
Marbridge Experience Camp Eligibility:
- Camp is for ages 16 and older who are interested in future admission to Marbridge or wish to begin a transition to a more independent life.
- Primary diagnosis of an intellectual disability, developmental disability, or cognitive challenge (Downs Syndrome, Williams Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorders, etc.).
- Free of medical conditions that require the assistance of medically trained personnel.
- Able to independently walk longer distances and navigate uneven surfaces without assistance.
- Able to participate in a regular-texture dietary plan without exceptional modifications (Currently, Marbridge offers gluten-free, heart-healthy, and diabetic-friendly diet plans.
- Campers must be independent with personal care (showering, toileting, dressing, feeding, etc.), or at maximum, need verbal prompts * We provide verbal prompts and reminders, but campers must be able to manage these activities independently on a consistent basis because of the staffing ratio.
- Campers must be free of aggressive or threatening physical or verbal behaviors (hitting, kicking, pinching, scratching, yelling, cursing) and problematic sexual behaviors.
- Campers must be able to participate in camp activities independently without 1:1 assistance.
- Marbridge is located in Southwest Austin, TX.
- We offer 6 separate weeks of summer camp each summer
- Each session has 10 campers in it.
- Campers must be appropriate for a 1:10 ratio (Campers requiring a 1:1 for any reason may not be appropriate for camp)
- We usually have a combination of 6 males and 4 females, or 4 males and 6 females. There have been years where we have had a session containing only one gender if necessary.
- Campers arrive on Sunday afternoon and leave on Friday at noon
- Nursing staff accessible on campus. In emergency situations, we are equally distanced to St. David’s South and Seton Hays hospitals.
- Our camp is staffed with direct care staff who are not medical professionals and will administer medication doses pre-packed by family.
- Phones, tablets, and other electronic devices are not permitted at Summer Camp.
- Our 1500 square foot camp house, where the campers sleep, is not ADA accessible. The sleeping spaces: a bedroom for males, and a bedroom for females, are shared sleeping spaces, meaning no camper has a private sleeping space
- The camp house is located on the outskirts of the Marbridge property and is not on the main part of campus. Campers will sleep in this location and use it for leisure time, but the rest of the time, they are participating in activities on the main campus like sports games, art, equine, cooking, or fishing. They eat their meals in the Village and Ranch dining halls on campus. We also do some evening recreation in the form of putt-putt golf, bowling, snow cone outings, swimming, or similar activity.
- $900 for one week (Camp runs from Sunday afternoon to Friday afternoon)
- Marbridge Summer Camp is not an ACA Accredited Camp
- Third party payors can be worked with if your agency is willing to contract with Marbridge and it’s established policies and practices. Please note families must still secure a spot with an upfront payment and we will refund once the agency submits payment.
2023 Marbridge Summer Camp Experience is full. Check back in February for 2024 Summer Camp Dates.
- For more information on Camp, please call 512.735.2704 or email [email protected]
Week 1: June 11-16 – Full Week 2: June 18-23 – Full Week 3: June 25-30 – Full Week 4: July 9-14 – Full Week 5: July 16-21 – Full Week 6: July 23-28 – Full