We currently have an opportunity for a Certified Medication aide at our 92-bed nursing facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin), where we provide nursing support to an extremely unique population of individuals primarily with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Full-time, rotating days, 2:00pm-10:00pm
- PRN Shifts Available (6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for dispensing oral and topical medications to residents per physician’s order and properly document
- Observe residents for symptoms and conditions that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects and report any problems to the nurse
- Record what medications were given for the day and the dosage in the nurse’s medication administration record (MAR) chart
- Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are ordered, received into the facility, administered and at change of shift as required by policies and procedures and applicable state/federal regulations
- Demonstrates awareness of proper infection control practice by using Universal Precautions and following policies and procedures; including OSHA’s Blood borne Pathogen Standards
- Assist with resident care as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas and holds a current Nurses’ Aide Certificate from the State of Texas.
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas and holds a current Medication Aide Certificate from the State of Texas.
- Preferred 1-3 or more years experience as a Certified Nurse’s Aide.