We currently have an opportunity for a weekend Certified Medication Aide’s at our 84-bed nursing facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin), where we provide nursing support to an extremely unique population of individuals primarily with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Full-time: 6:00am-10pm, Weekend Double, Saturday-Sunday
- PRN available for all shifts: 6:00am-2:00pm, 2:00pm-10:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for dispensing oral and topical medications to residents per physician’s order and properly document
- Observe residents for symptoms and conditions that could be related to medication interactions, adverse drug reactions or medication side effects and report any problems to the nurse
- Record what medications were given for the day and the dosage in the nurse’s medication administration record (MAR) chart
- Monitors medications to ensure adequate accountability measures are taken when medications are ordered, received into the facility, administered and at change of shift as required by policies and procedures and applicable state/federal regulations
- Demonstrates awareness of proper infection control practice by using Universal Precautions and following policies and procedures; including OSHA’s Blood borne Pathogen Standards
- Assist with resident care as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas and holds a current Nurses’ Aide Certificate from the State of Texas.
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas and holds a current Medication Aide Certificate from the State of Texas.
- Preferred 1-3 or more years experience as a Certified Nurse’s Aide.
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
You can apply online through Indeed or call us directly at (512)282-1144 for more information.