This position has been filled as of 3/4/2019
Position Summary and General Description of Duties:
Marbridge’s goal in this position is to convey and connect our mission in a way that assists the community, families, employees, and residents through communications, marketing, publications, and fundraising initiatives. We endeavor to allow our residents to improve the quality of their lives and help them thrive in their community. The Communications and Marketing Coordinator is a vital component to the health and well-being of Marbridge – providing support and collaboration with the Development team.
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator will develop and strongly maintain productive working relationships with communities supporting Marbridge in the Greater Austin Area and potentially throughout Texas and New Mexico. Professional marketing, communications, presentation skills, designing publications, and a background in public speaking is a must. This position needs to bring a proven history of meeting marketing and operational goals, maintaining a focus on providing excellent customer service, while being detail-oriented, flexible, organized, and demonstrate effective time-management skills. This position will represent and explain all Marbridge programs in an innovative and engaging manner.
This position requires the Communications and Marketing Coordinator to be on the Manchaca campus a minimum of 3-days-per-week.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage outbound marketing/communications program and ensure messages are supportive and consistent with marketing/branding strategies and standards – including collaborating across departments on various communications projects ensuring fresh story ideas and innovative directions for marketing and communications.
- Manage creation, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic / digital and social media materials, including:
- Write copy, manage, design, and produce (2+) 16-page print publications
- Annual report, miscellaneous brochures, monthly e-newsletter, and as-needed, video
- Internal employee campaigns
- Manage daily social media outreach; designing and delivering content via Linkedln, Instagram, Facebook, email, and direct
- Design and oversight of materials needed for select special events.
- Press releases, as needed.
- Create, produce, edit, and optimize all marketing collateral (including copy and graphic design) according to brand design standards.
- Regularly photograph residents including annual portraits, daily resident activities, and special events.
- Direct community, donor, and family requests to appropriate staff members and ensure timely response.
- Collaborate and write development documents, including fundraising proposals, publications, and communication materials (cultivation, solicitation, and donor acknowledgement letters) as needed.
- Submit regular reports on communications activities, engagement levels, and progress.
- Work with senior leadership to ensure that the crisis communications plan and appropriate protocols are reviewed and up-to-date annually.
- Oversight of website and update content.
- Provide and coordinate support to the Development department (Examples: attend regular Development team meetings, regularly attend special events, serve as an Ambassador to the organization, etc.).
- Work with the Vice President of Development to determine event and materials budget to manage expenses within the budgeted amount.
- Improve communication efficiencies within the organization.
- Create and distribute occasional customer / family / donor surveys.
- Determine proper advertising avenues as needed.
- Use innovative approaches to existing and future target markets to build and maintain census.
- Communicate regularly with Vice President of Development, Development Team, and Senior Leadership.
- Safeguard privacy and confidentiality.
- Comply with state and federal regulatory requirements regarding all marketing, outreach, and fundraising activities.
- Work with Programs to collect data for data analysis publications.
- Distribute and refresh marketing and admissions materials regularly.
- Maintain a small annual donor portfolio and be able to cultivate, steward, and solicit donors through a moves management system.
- Accuracy in maintaining records in the donor database including personal portfolio, stewardship, sponsorships, etc.
- Actively communicate with donors / contributors through proper letters, phone calls, and emails and in a very timely manner to keep Marbridge competitive with other not-for-profits. Also assist with public presentations to educate and promote the mission to the public.
Skill and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelors’ degree from a four-year college or university; or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Outlook365, WordPress (or related platform), and a CRM or donor database.
- Proficient word processing, database management, graphic layout/design, website management, and computer skills.
- Superior clerical and organizational skills a must.
- Demonstrated accuracy in record and budget keeping.
- Ability to remain poised under pressure; proven ability in public speaking; presents self and organization to the community in a positive, sincere and professional manner.
- Strong time management skills, the ability to be self-motivated, and operate autonomously.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Proven ability to generate and maintain relationships with new, existing, and potential donors, families, and/or sponsors.
- Ability to potentially spend part of the work week working remotely.
- Available for occasional night and weekend events.
- Available for occasional travel.
- Valid and current auto insurance and TX driver’s license is required. Reliable transportation a must.
- Knowledge of print and online media practices and procedures.
- Two to three-years work experience in a responsible position in development, fundraising, marketing, advertising, community relations, or public relations with proven ability to achieve results.
- Knowledge of the Benevon Model of Fundraising and Bloomerang donor database.
- Knowledge of the needs of those who have cognitive or intellectual impairments, elderly, and/or people with disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to enable relationship development for marketing and mission driven communication. Communication skills include: verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Ability to forge productive working relationships with people at all levels within Marbridge and the diverse communities we serve.
- Should have a broad-based education/experience that will facilitate communication on a variety of topics.
- Skill in building strong consensus and create broad-based support for bold ideas and actions through a consultative approach to build funders and support for Marbridge.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision, values, and programs of Marbridge and the ability to convey that information.
- Work with end users to gather requirements or data pulls and reports.
- Display strategic, common sense, and creative thinking skills.
- General knowledge of marketing and advertising policies and procedures and applicable local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work effectively with strict timelines and a flexible schedule that allows for working some weekends and evenings.
- Effective at managing time and multiple projects at the same time.
- Represent the agency at outside meetings / events in a professional and favorable manner.
- Understanding of digital, TV, and print media.
Work duties should occur inside and outside the office setting. This position will involve attending meetings and functions at locations other than the Marbridge campus, outside normal office hours. Requires face-to-face interaction and phone contact with outside professionals, volunteers, staff, donors, families, and the general public. Involves physical tasks related to occasional office administration and special events. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Development Employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, this position regularly works in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be elevated at times.
All interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position to HR@marbridge.org.