The Marbridge Foundation is currently looking for a full-time Food Service Worker. The Food Service Worker is responsible for the preparation, cooking, and serving of cafeteria-style meals to the residents at our assisted living community.
- Full-time, Friday- Tuesday, 10:00 a.m.- 6:00 p.m. (requires driving)
- Full-time, Wednesday- Sunday, 10:00a.m.- 6:00p.m. (requires driving)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR COOK:
- Ensure daily kitchen operation compliance standards & regulations are followed and met
- Examine quality of food and supply product by inspecting and properly storing goods upon receipt
- Prepare food with technique to ensure quality, nutrition and pleasant appeal
- Follow posted menus for all 3 meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) and document any necessary changes
- Ensure food is served on time and at a safe temperature
- Help with serving of food to residents if needed
- Complete and maintain temperature logs as required
- Maintain kitchen and dining room cleanliness
- Train and supervise resident employees on assigned work duties and job tasks
- Perform similar job-related duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR COOKS:
- Must be physically capable of handling the food quantities required to furnish the necessary number of meals (move pans of food from stove to serving line, move food items from pantry to food prep area).
- Must be physically capable of cleaning up cooking area after meals (clean oven, stove tops, etc.)
- Must be physically capable of stocking pantry shelves, freezers with food that is delivered.
- Requires lifting (up to 50 pounds), bending, stooping, reaching and standing for extended periods of time, and carrying hot pans/trays of food.
- Must be able to work in kitchen environment with heat and steam.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED FOR COOK POSITION:
- Current Texas Food Handler Certification
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Texas Drivers License and a clean driving record
- Must have ability to plan menus, read/write English language, read recipes, and follow preparation instructions
- Previous kitchen experience in a cafeteria or healthcare setting preferred
- Experience with the intellectually disabled population a plus
- Knowledge of food preparation, sanitation, and hygienic methods