The Marbridge Foundation is currently looking for a full-time cook at our assisted living community. The cook is responsible for preparing and serving cafeteria-style meals to the residents at the Ranch community.
- Full-time, Wednesday- Saturday, 9:00am- 7:00pm
- Full-time, Saturday- Wednesday, 10:00am- 6:00pm (Wednesday 6:00am-2:00pm)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ordering groceries weekly.
- Check grocery orders when they are delivered.
- Turn in all incoming receipts for kitchen to Administrative Assistant in a timely fashion (within 2 days of receipt).
- Prepare meals and snacks for residents (Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and 2 snacks daily).
- Keep track of number of meals served for each meal and turn in numbers at the end of each month.
- Clean and inspect the kitchen and dining room before shift ends.
- Assure that freezers and refrigerators are clean at all times.
- Maintain the pantry and supply room at all times.
- Supervise the cleaning of filters in the overhead hood.
- Monitor and control traffic in and out of the kitchen.
- Report needed repairs to the Assistant Director.
- Performs similar job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be physically capable of handling the food quantities required to furnish the necessary number of meals (move pans of food from stove to serving line, move food items from pantry to food prep area).
- Must be physically capable of cleaning up cooking area after meals (clean oven, clean fryers, stove tops, etc.)
- Must be physically capable of stocking pantry shelves, freezers with food that is delivered.
- Requires lifting (up to 50 pounds), bending, stooping, reaching and standing for extended periods of time, and carrying hot pans/trays of food.
- Must be able to work in kitchen environment with heat and steam.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have ability to plan menus, read/write English language, read recipes, and follow preparation instructions.
- Previous kitchen experience preferred.
- Knowledge of food preparation, sanitation, and hygienic methods.
- Texas Food Handler Certification
If this seems like the position for you, please send your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and desired position in the subject line.