Food Service Worker/Cook
The Marbridge Foundation, located in Manchaca, Texas, is currently looking for full-time cooks/food service workers to join our team at our assisted living facility and 92-bed nursing facility. Marbridge prides itself on providing a fun, compassionate, and mission-focused work environment for our employees while creating numerous opportunities for our residents to achieve a whole new life.
The Cook is responsible for the preparation, cooking, and serving of cafeteria-style meals to the residents at Marbridge.
- Full-time: 9:00am-7:00pm, Wednesday-Saturday (Ranch)
- Full-time: 40/hrs a week, 4:00am-12:30pm, days vary (Villa)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR COOK:
- Ensure daily kitchen operation compliance standards & regulations are followed and met
- Examine quality of food and supply product by inspecting and properly storing goods upon receipt
- Prepare food with technique to ensure quality, nutrition and pleasant appeal
- Follow posted menus for all 3 meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) and document any necessary changes
- Ensure food is served on time and at a safe temperature
- Help with serving of food to residents if needed
- Complete and maintain temperature logs as required
- Maintain kitchen and dining room cleanliness
- Train and supervise resident employees on assigned work duties and job tasks
- Perform similar job-related duties as assigned
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS FOR COOKS:
- Must be physically capable of handling the food quantities required to furnish the necessary number of meals (move pans of food from stove to serving line, move food items from pantry to food prep area).
- Must be physically capable of cleaning up cooking area after meals (clean oven, stove tops, etc.)
- Must be physically capable of stocking pantry shelves, freezers with food that is delivered.
- Requires lifting (up to 50 pounds), bending, stooping, reaching and standing for extended periods of time, and carrying hot pans/trays of food.
- Must be able to work in kitchen environment with heat and steam.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED FOR COOK POSITION:
- Current Texas Food Handler Certification
- Must have ability to plan menus, read/write English language, read recipes, and follow preparation instructions
- Previous kitchen experience in a cafeteria or healthcare setting preferred
- Experience with the intellectually disabled population a plus
- Knowledge of food preparation, sanitation, and hygienic methods
Here are a few perks that we offer to employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision plans
- 401k Retirement with employer matching
- Paid Time Off (80 hours in your first year)
- 7 paid holidays per year
- Free meals available for specific shifts
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Access to our state of the art gym facility
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws