Marbridge is currently seeking an experienced Landscaper at our Assisted Living Facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin).
The Landscaper is responsible for maintaining the upkeep and appearance of all outdoor areas around Marbridge.
- Full-time, Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and remove litter or debris across the property grounds. Include removing breakfast and lunch trash from Senior Dorm and Village kitchens
- Purchase and restock gardening supplies as necessary. Inform supervisor when supplies are low
- Upkeep of lawns by mowing, trimming, planting, watering, digging, raking and applying fertilizer and herbicides
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs; apply mulch for protection using gardening tools
- Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, rocks, or plant flowers and foliage
- Plan and cultivate lawns and gardens
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges using shears, pruners or saws
- Trim and pick dead flowers, and clear weeds throughout campus beds. Spray weeds throughout campus
- Water lawns, trees, and plants using portable sprinkler systems, hoses or watering cans
- Install rock gardens, ponds, drainage systems, irrigation systems, retaining walls, fences, and planters
- Install, or assist in the installation of Christmas decorations. Also taking down decorations after Christmas
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform Essential Duties
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demands requirements
- Ability to work around chemicals such as pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides
- Knowledge of how to operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, golf carts, and pruning saws
- Ability to use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning shears, saws, hedge trimmers, and axes. Care of tools and economical use of all maintenance supplies
- Ability to visualize how an overall outdoor space will look once landscape project is complete
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Must be at least 21 years old, have a valid Texas Drivers’ License, and have a clean driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus one years of experience in the groundskeeper facilities
- Knowledge of standards principles, methods, practice, techniques, tools, and equipment used in the groundskeeper
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate various industrial groundskeeper equipment such as: gas powered mowers, tractors, blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, and pruning saws. Other equipment includes hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning shears, saws, hedge trimmers, and axes. Use of golf cart to be able to travel around the campus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / DEMANDS:
Requires lifting, bending, stooping, reaching and standing for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 50-75 pounds. Requires normal range of hearing and vision. Must be able to work in 95% outdoors and 5% indoors.
Here are a few perks that we offer to employees:
- Competitive Pay!
- Medical, Dental & Vision plans
- 401k Retirement with employer matching
- Basic Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays (including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Recognition Programs
- FREE access to an on-site gym which include cardio equipment, weights, Pilates room, and basketball court
- FREE meals available for specific shifts
- Incentive programs
- Assistance with continuing education requirements and certifications
- Hands-on management team – we provide great training so you are comfortable from the start!