Discover the difference at Marbridge Summer Camp.
Our 200-acre campus, located just outside Austin, allows our campers to enjoy a wide variety of activities while promoting team development. All activities are adapted to meet the interests, skills and ages of our campers, and our dedicated staff will positively reinforce the progress that individuals make in problem solving, interpersonal communications, self-assurance, and independent living tasks. The week-long camp activities include: swimming, horseback riding, arts, crafts, music, games, sports and community outings. It’s an active, exciting week at Camp Marbridge!
Camp Marbridge reaches out to young adults with cognitive challenges:
- Who are between the ages of 16 and 30 years old
- Who have a primary diagnosis of a developmental disability or cognitive challenge (Downs Syndrome, Williams Syndrome, Autism Spectrum Disorders, etc.)
- Who are largely independent in mobility and the basic daily living skills, including toileting, bathing, grooming, dressing and eating. (We provide verbal prompts and reminders, but campers must be able to manage these activities independently on a consistent basis.)
- Who are free of physically aggressive or threatening behaviors (hitting, kicking, biting, pinching, scratching, yelling, etc.)
- Who are free of medical conditions that require RN assistance.
- Who wish to begin the transition from home to a more independent life.
Now Enrolling for Summer 2018
Session 1: June 10 – June 15
Session 2: June 17 – June 22
Session 3: June 24 – June 29
Session 4: July 8 – July 13
Session 5: July 15 – July 20
Session 6: July 22 – July 27
Session 7: July 29 – August 3
Session 8: August 5 – August 10
HIGHLY QUALIFIED COUNSELORS ENSURE A FUN AND SAFE CAMP EXPERIENCE
- Full-time counselors with experience and/or training in special education or related fields
- Full time camp coordinator
- Lovely Texas Hill Country setting on 200 acres
- Planned community outings
- Active schedule, with many sports and leisure opportunities
- Provides young adults an opportunity to experience independence within a supervised setting
- Prepares young adults who wish to begin a successful transition from high school or home setting to a more independent life