We currently have opportunities for two Barn Assistants at our Assisted Living Community located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin).
All stalls should be cleaned and water should be changed at least once per day. Select residents may come down to the barn on weekends to assist, so candidates must be comfortable working with adults ages 18 – 70 with various cognitive challenges. All work should promote the safety, well-being and happiness of Marbridge residents.
Our residential communities offer care to adults with a wide variety of cognitive abilities. We provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus.
Part-time: Weekdays – Hours/Days Vary
Part-time: Holidays AND Weekends – Hours/Days Vary. Holidays include but are not limited to Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day even if they fall on a weekday.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Basic equine knowledge including but not limited to feeding, catching, haltering and providing basic first aid when needed for horses.
- Feed each day. Administer basic medications and first aid to horses when needed.
- Clean stalls and change water buckets once per day.
- Ability to work with adults with cognitive challenges in a patient, kind and professional manner while working with horses in an extremely safe environment. Residents are our #1 priority.
- Clock-in and clock-out properly using the Marbridge time clock system.
- Ensure that the barn, feed room and tack room are maintained in a neat and clean manner. Contact the Equine Coordinator and or Director of Training & Education for maintenance issues.
- Contact the Equine Coordinator and or Director of Training & Education if a horse is sick or injured. Contact the specified vet clinic for emergency cases.
- Communicate any concerns to the Equine Coordinator and or Director of Training & Education via the whiteboard at the barn or in urgent or emergency cases via cell phone.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Previous experience with horses is mandatory.
- Must possess good communication skills and professional manner when relaying to staff, residents, vendors, and families.
- Must posses reliability in returning phone calls, text messages, and emails from supervisors.
- Requires lifting (up to 70 pounds), bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and standing for extended periods of time,
- Must be able to to move wheelbarrows, feed bags, and square bales of hay.
- Must be able to work in outdoor conditions subject to weather change.
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.