$500 Sign On Bonus for Full-Time Custodian
The Marbridge Foundation is currently looking for housekeepers to join our team at our facility on campus.
Our community offers care to adults with a wide variety of cognitive abilities and intellectual disabilities. We provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus.
- Full-time, 6:00am-2:00pm: Monday-Friday
- Full-time, 7:00am-3:00pm, Monday-Friday
- Full-time, 8:00am-4:00pm: Monday-Friday
Housekeeper/Custodian Essential Duties:
- Attend to the housekeeping needs of the facility and its residents in a timely and professional manner
- Deep clean bathrooms, commodes, sinks, bathtubs, carpets, vents, windows, blinds, walls and doors as scheduled
- Strip, wax and buff tile floors according to schedule and as needed
- Attend staff meetings, in-service training, conferences and other activities
- Maintain equipment and supplies to ensure adequate availability while maintaining budgetary compliance
- Conduct a walk-through of buildings on a regular schedule; ensure assigned buildings are maintained in a clean and neat manner each day
- Assist with other organizational activities as assigned by the supervisor
- Perform similar job-related duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR CUSTODIAN:
- A minimum of one year experience working in the capacity of custodian or housekeeper, experience cleaning in a medical facility a plus
- Experience using a floor buffer a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood and bodily fluids. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of resident conditions and elements.
- Must be able to assist Residents in making beds, straightening closets and drawers which require the ability to bend and reach.
- Must be able to use a broom, mop, vacuum cleaner, buffers, wet vacuums and cleaning supplies such as Windex, bleach, and comet.
- Must be able to frequently lift approximately twenty five pounds due to lifting laundry bags, straightening closets, or storing resident’s seasonal clothing.
- May be needed on occasion to assist in lifting objects between 50-100 pounds using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Requires walking extensively to and from various locations while making rounds.
- Requires standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and reaching overhead regularly.
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.