Direct Support Professional (DSP)
The Marbridge Foundation, located in Manchaca, Texas, is currently looking for Direct Support Professional’s (DSP) to join our team. Marbridge prides itself on providing a fun, compassionate, and mission-focused work environment for our employees while creating numerous opportunities for our residents to achieve a whole new life.
Shifts Available for Direct Support Professionals:
- Full-time, 6:00am-2:00pm (Friday-Tuesday) Ranch Community
- Full-time, 2:00pm-10:00pm (Friday-Monday) Ranch Community
**PRN opportunities available for all shifts (6a-2p, 2p-10p, and 10p-6a)**
Direct Support Professional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that residents follow a daily hygiene and grooming routine, providing assistance and training as needed. Redirect residents if not properly clean and dressed.
- Train and supervise residents in proper bedroom and bathroom maintenance, closet organization, and laundry procedures
- Listen to residents who may need to express an opinion or concern and make referral to Administrator of Staff/Resident Training and Development when appropriate
- Conduct and document training of residents
- Follow guidelines concerning supervised medication of residents
- Assure that residents maintain their sleeping schedules (going to bed on time, waking up on schedule)
- Assist and encourage residents in reading, participating in, and adhering to their written weekly schedule
- Assure proper training for residents. This may include daily hygiene, bedroom maintenance, getting along with others, problem solving, fire drills, supervised medication procedures, and job training
- As assigned, supervise residents during special activities, public performances and group gatherings, on and off campus
Direct Support Professional (DSP) Qualifications and Skills:
- REQUIRED: Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas Driver’s License and good driving record
- One year experience working in a residential setting with individuals with mental or physical challenges, or other relevant life experiences strongly preferred
- Must possess good communication skills and professional manner when relating to staff, residents, vendors, and families
- Must be organized; able to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail
A few benefits we offer our employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision plans
- 401k Retirement with employer matching
- Paid Time Off (80 hours in your first year)
- 7 paid holidays per year
- Free meals available for specific shifts
- Company-paid Life Insurance Long-Term Disability
- Access to our state of the art gym facility
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.