MARBRIDGE RANCH (Assisted Living Facility)Location: Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin)
We currently have an opportunity for a Resident Trainer at the Ranch Assisted Living facilities, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin). Our residential community offers care to adults with a wide variety of cognitive abilities. We provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience and achieve a whole new life. Come work with the best, join our team!
- FULL-TIME: 6am-2pm, Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday (32 hours)
- FULL-TIME: 10:45pm-6:45am, Thur/Fri/Sat/Sun (32 hours)
- PART-TIME: All PRN Shifts, typical shift hours are 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, 10pm-6am
The Resident Trainer is an employee hired to guide and train Ranch residents in personal hygiene, good grooming, individual and group behavior, respect for self and others, bathroom cleaning, room cleaning, and other similar life skills. The Resident Trainer is expected to initiate activities and interaction with the residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with incoming/outgoing staff regarding resident’s needs
- Maintain confidentiality of resident information and records.
- Assure that residents follow a daily hygiene and grooming routine, providing assistance and training as needed. Redirect residents (to return to dorm) if not property clean and dressed.
- Train and supervise residents in proper bedroom and bathroom maintenance, closet organization, and laundry procedures.
- Listen to residents who may need to express an opinion or concern and make referral to Administrator of Staff/Resident Training and Development when appropriate.
- Conduct and document training of residents.
- Follow guidelines concerning supervised medication of residents. Resident trainers supervise and document compliance and non-compliance.
- Serve and supervise clean up after evening meal (evening staff).
- Assure that residents go to bed as scheduled: conduct frequent room and bed checks (night staff).
- Assure that residents arise as scheduled (morning staff).
- Assist and encourage residents in reading, participating in and adhering to their written weekly schedule. This includes classes, scheduled activities, and work assignments.
- Assure proper training for residents, this may include; daily hygiene, bedroom maintenance, getting along with others, problem solving, fire drills, supervised medication procedures, and job training.
- As assigned, supervise residents during special activities, public performances and group gatherings, on and off campus.
Must be able to assist Residents in making beds, straightening closets and drawers which requires the ability to bend, reach. Must be able to use a broom, mop, vacuum cleaner, cleaning supplies such as windex and comet. Must be able to lift approximately 25 pounds due to lifting laundry bags, straightening closets, storing resident’s seasonal clothing, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must be at least 21 years of age and hold a current valid Texas Driver License.
- Must have a good driving record.
- One year experience working in a residential setting with individuals with mental or physical challenges.
- Must possess good communication skills and professional manner when relating to staff, residents, vendors and families.
- Must be organized and have ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, be able to communicate, read, speak and write the English language, and perform simple math calculations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Caregivers love to work for Marbridge Foundation! Here are a few perks that we offer to our employees:
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- 401k Retirement plan with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid holidays (including your Birthday!)
- Paid time off
- Assistance with continuing education for CPR/First Aide certifications
- FREE Meals available for specific shifts
- Incentive programs
- Employee recognition programs
- FREE state of the art gym which includes cardio equipment, weights, Pilates room & basketball court
- Hands-on management team – we provide great training so that you’re comfortable from the start
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest to HR@Marbridge.org. You may also stop by our human resources office to fill out an application at 2310 Bliss Spillar Road, Manchaca, TX 78652.