Location: Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin)
We currently have an opportunity for a Licensed Vocational Nurse at our 92-bed nursing home, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin). Our Villa Nursing Home has gone through some significant remodeling and added an 8 bed short-term rehabilitation center! Come work with the best, join our team!
This position is responsible for providing nursing services and care to ensure the health and well being of the residents. The nurse is responsible for assisting physicians with medical and health care needs, receiving and recording physician orders, ordering medications and managing administration, distribution and record-keeping of resident medications, maintaining medical charts, conducting medical and health training for staff and residents, ensuring staff compliance with health-related regulatory requirements, performing monthly health checks, communicating resident health concerns and changes in condition, training staff. This responsibility includes ensuring compliance with state licensing regulations as they relate to the assisted living nursing function.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend to resident medical and health care needs in a professional and timely manner
- Prepare for physician visits; review charts and vitals
- Assist physician with histories and physicals
- Receive, record and implement physician’s orders
- Schedule labs, retrieve results and follow-up as necessary
- Order prescriptions and medications; refill as needed and prescribed
- Update, correct and maintain resident medication sheets and charts
- Manage the administration, distribution and record keeping of resident medications.
- Perform and document monthly health and hygiene checks
- Communicate resident health issues with designated representative payee
- PRN shifts: 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm & 10pm-6am
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas and holds a current LVN license from the State of TX
- A minimum of three years of LVN experience
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Supervisory experience required
- Effective communication and personal interaction skills with ability to relate well at all levels.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Caregivers love to work for Marbridge Foundation! Here are a few perks that we offer to our employees:
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- 401k Retirement plan with employer match
- Basic Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid holidays (including your Birthday!)
- Paid time off
- Assistance with continuing education for CNA certifications
- FREE Meals available
- Incentive programs
- Employee recognition programs
- FREE state of the art gym which includes cardio equipment, weights, Pilates room & basketball court
- Hands-on management team – we provide great training so that you’re comfortable from the start
HOW TO APPLY
All interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in the position to HR@marbridge.org. You may also stop by our human resources office to fill out an application at 2310 Bliss Spillar Road, Manchaca, TX 78652.