Location: Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin)
Marbridge is currently seeking an experienced Facilities Technician at our Assisted Living Facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin).
The Facilities Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the property and assisting the Facilities Director with their responsibilities. This includes maintaining a safe and sanitary living environment for residents, guests, visitors and staff. The Facilities Technician assists with all aspects of the property’s maintenance including the physical grounds, preventive, corrective, deferred and emergency. This person is also responsible for following the maintenance program to protect and maintain the property. This position performs manual labor and semi-skilled work in the maintenance of facilities grounds which include but are not limited to construction and repair of electrical, mechanical, masonry, carpentry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Effectively communicate with residents, guests, visitors and staff
- Conducting all community maintenance work, service requests, building inspections and preventative maintenance
- Ensuring that all work has been completed in a safe, prompt and professional manner
- Day to day maintenance and repair of heating, refrigeration, ventilating, water and boiler equipment, washer and dryer.
- Carpentry, including repair and remodeling.
- Assist in establishment of routine preventative maintenance program for all physical plant areas and equipment.
The Facilities Technician must have the ability to install, service, replace and repair the following items in a responsible and professional manner that meets industry standards. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Vinyl and ceramic floor covering
- Wall molding
- Countertops and cabinets
- Window screens and blinds
- Interior and exterior doors
- Electrical circuits, receptacles, breakers, switches and fuses
- Light fixtures
- Appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, washers and dryers
- Toilets, sinks, vanities and disposals
- Clean and inspect boiler and storage rooms
- Rodent control
- Gutters, down spouts and connecting hoses
- Minor drywall damages
- Sub flooring, wall studs and floor joists
- Removing bulk trash (including appliances)
- Clearing drains
OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Refrigeration – coils, condensation lines, filters
- Electrical – ballasts, lighting, troubleshooting
- Plumbing – clogs, leaks, replace sinks and toilets, pipe repairs
- Painting – touch-up work, repaint rooms, doors or building’s exterior
- Carpentry – ceiling, doors, roof, shelves, etc.
- Prefer one or more years of technical school in related areas.
- Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Basic technical knowledge and mechanical ability to perform routine maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Basic knowledge of construction principles.
- Knowledge regarding work safety factors.
- Understanding of principles of preventative maintenance.
- Ability to perform work task within the physical demands required
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalent, plus three years of experience in the maintenance of building facilities and grounds, repair of structures, machinery, plumbing, electrical wiring and fixtures. Knowledge of standards principles, methods, practice, techniques, tools, and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of building structures. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED:
Must be able to operate various industrial maintenance equipment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / DEMANDS:
Requires lifting, bending, stooping, reaching and standing for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds. Able to work in confined spaces, indoors and outdoors in all climates, and unclean environments with fumes, dust and poor ventilation while adhering to company safety requirements and programs. Must be able to climb ladders. Must be able to work 75% indoors and 25% outdoors.
Here are a few perks that we offer to employees:
- Competitive Pay!
- Medical, Dental & Vision plans
- 401k Retirement with employer matching
- Basic Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays (including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Recognition Programs
- FREE access to an on-site gym which include cardio equipment, weights, Pilates room, and basketball court
- FREE meals available for specific shifts
- Incentive programs
- Assistance with continuing education requirements and certifications
- Hands-on management team – we provide great training so you are comfortable from the start!