The Marbridge Foundation is now seeking a Director of Human Resources who is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of the Marbridge Foundation, the ethical and social consciences of business and society, and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations, and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. The Director of Human Resources will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry.
A minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in Human Resource management, recruiting, benefits management, workers compensation and payroll. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel.
Candidate must posses a bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree or professional certification preferred, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS & HOURS:
This is a full-time exempt position, and business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Longer hours, evenings and weekend work will be necessary frequently. Must be flexible to travel for training or off-campus events.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations. Ability to interpret and advise on the application of EEO/AA laws.
- Ability to analyze and assess training and development needs.
- Knowledge of organizational development theory and practices.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of salary administration plans and benefit programs.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and ability to negotiate and manage alternative dispute resolution processes.
- Experience in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and development and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s human resource function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge, and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, employee complaints, and career development among others.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements, and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Oversees compensation programs to ensure regulatory compliance and competitive salary levels.
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to company benefit program. Responsible for making decisions each year for carrier selection and plan setup. Evaluate options to ensure financial affordability for the organization and employees. Manage and oversee the annual open enrollment process.
- Develop and coordinate employee grievances and mediate workplace disputes.
- Oversee the company Performance Evaluation process.
- Plan administrator for the company 401k Retirement Plan which includes approving new enrollments, rollovers, hardship withdrawals, loans and distribution requests. Responsible for annual 401k audit and for submitting plan year end 5500 tax filing.
- Work with the Payroll and Accounting department regarding employee benefits, status changes, pay rate changes, workers compensation coding, benefits enrollment changes, terminations, new hires, garnishments, TWC reporting, DOL requests, annual Accounting and 401k Retirement audits.
- Oversee the new hire orientation process, conduct background checks, run driving records, utilize the Employee Misconduct Registry for all new hires and employees, and verify licenses and certifications (if required).
- Conduct training as needed or requested by Directors or Senior Management.
- Participate in planning various company events.
ALL CANDIDATES PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME AND COVER LETTER EXPRESSING WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS POSITION TO HR@MARBRIDGE.ORG.
You may also stop by our HR office and complete an application in person at 2310 Bliss Spillar Road, Manchaca, TX 78652