Location: Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin)
This position at the Village is responsible to the Assistant Director for ensuring the quality of the food service department. Responsibilities include preparing and serving a variety of healthy and appetizing meals to residents and staff, ensuring adequate supplies are maintained and stored properly, maintaining kitchen and dining room cleanliness, maintaining and properly using kitchen equipment, practicing safe food handling and proper hygiene, and training/supervision of resident/staff employees. This responsibility includes ensuring compliance with state/county standards and regulations regarding kitchen and food service operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure kitchen operation compliance standards and regulations are followed and met according to State and Health Department guidelines.
- Maintain required inventory.
- Order food and supplies according to budget and menu; coordinate food and supply ordering and pickup with food bank.
- Ensure quality of food and supplies by inspecting and properly storing goods upon receipt.
- Ensure food storage is properly maintained.
- Plan and implement healthy, balanced menus using fresh foods as often as possible.
- Prepare food with technique to ensure quality, nutrition, and pleasant appeal.
- Post menu and follow posted menus, document any necessary changes.
- Serve each resident based upon their individual dietary/health needs.
- Maintain cleanliness of kitchen, dish room, and dining room equipment; implement and manage cleaning checklists.
- Supervise staff and resident employees in the dietary department; maintain appropriate staffing schedule and provide counsel to all employees as needed.
- Train and retrain as necessary staff and resident employees on assigned work duties and job tasks.
- Complete initial and biannual Productivity Studies on all resident employees to establish their wages; assist with “Benchmark” studies as needed.
- Evaluate employee performance per 90-day and annual schedules.
- Function in other organizational activities as assigned by the Asst. Director/Director.
- Perform similar job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRE
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science
- 2-3 years working in health care admissions or a related field
- Professional appearance and manner
- Good business ethics
- Good communication, teamwork and cooperation
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution
- Good resident relations
- Good judgment and safety
- Good time management
- Good initiative and planning
- Good responsiveness and adaptability
- Must have a Valid TX Drivers License
- Driving history must be in good standing
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Food Managers certificate preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience cooking in a restaurant or institutional setting with some management/supervisory duties
- Must have ability to plan menus
- Must be able to read/write English
- Must be able to read recipes and follow preparation instructions
- Must be able to document per regulations, calculate costs when ordering and prepare invoices for payment
Occasionally called upon to work overtime or odd schedules. Works in a kitchen setting.
- Maintains a professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers, residents, and co-workers.
- Follows Policies & Procedures in training manuals and employee handbook.
- Remembers the importance of providing residents with services and attitudes that ensure their safety, well-being, happiness, and support the development of the whole person – physically, mentally and spiritually.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
Staff love to work for the Marbridge Foundation! Here are a few perks that we offer to employees:
- Competitive Pay!
- Medical Dental & Vision Plans
- 401k Retirement with employer matching
- Basic Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays (including your Birthday!)
- Paid Time Off
- FREE Meals available
- Incentive Programs
- Employee Recognition Programs
- FREE state of the art gym which includes cardio equipment, weights, Pilates Room, Volleyball and Basketball court
- Hands-on management team – we provide great training so you are comfortable from the start!
ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME TO HR@MARBRIDGE.ORG.
You may also stop by our HR office and complete an application in person at 2310 Bliss Spillar Road, Manchaca, TX 78652