RN/LVN Weekend Supervisor
We currently have an opportunity for a RN weekend supervisor at our 92-bed facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin), where we provide nursing support to an extremely unique population of individuals primarily with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This population makes working at the Villa a much different experience than working at any other nursing facility in the greater Austin area – in the U.S. there are only a handful of nursing facilities that cater primarily to a special needs population.
The RN/LVN weekend supervisor reports to the Director of Nursing and is responsible for managing the call phone every weekend, ensuring staffing and call-outs, and working the floor on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Part-time, Saturday- Sunday, 8 hour or 12 hour shift
- On-call, Friday at 5:00pm- Monday at 8:00am
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the on-call phone from Friday evening to Monday morning. Responsible for managing coverage for call-outs during this time
- Be prepared to work the floor if a nurse calls in and is unable to be replaced
- Responsible during the shift for the total nursing care of residents in the facility
- Assumes responsibility for compliance with Federal, State, Local, and company regulations.
- Follows established procedures for charting and reporting all reports of incident/accidents for residents and employees.
- Assures that CNAs are administering care based on the resident care plans and that documentation is completed daily
- Responsible for ensuring all showers are done as scheduled, all males get shaved on their assigned shift, all nails are done and sheets are changed.
- Conducts frequent rounds to evaluate effectiveness of care delivery
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of resident.
- Observes residents, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of residents’ condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents
- Explains procedures and treatments to resident to gain cooperation, understanding, administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Current Registered Nurse License from the State of Texas
- Good standing in the state registry is required
- Skilled Nursing Facility experience strongly preferred
- 1+ year of supervisory experience preferred
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.