We currently have opportunities for a Restorative Aide at our 84-bed facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin), where we provide nursing support to an extremely unique population of individuals primarily with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This population makes working at the Villa a much different experience than working at any other nursing facility in the greater Austin area – in the U.S. there are only a handful of nursing facilities that cater primarily to a special needs population.
Restorative Aide Positions Available:
- Full-time, 7:00am- 3:30pm, Monday through Friday
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR RESTORATIVE AIDE:
- Working in conjunction with the nursing department, occupational, speech, and physical therapy to develop resident centered programs to maintain independence of ADLs.
- Transport residents to and from treatment area and transfer residents between conveyances and treatment equipment, using transfer techniques appropriate to residents’ conditions.
- Move residents with the use of assistive devices, assist residents in and out of wheelchairs.
- Assist residents to dress, undress, and put on and remove supportive devices such as braces, splints, and slings, as directed by a physician.
- Release positioning devices on any resident as necessary. Assist the resident to reposition, give incontinence care, or assist to toilet as needed.
- Safeguard, motivate, and assist residents practicing exercises, functional activities, self-care, transfer skills, and walking skills.
- Observe residents during treatments and report signs of fatigue, distress, or other problems.
- Support, turn, and stabilize residents to assist Therapists or Assistants to administer treatment, tests, and/or evaluation.
- Document treatment given and equipment used; complete forms and records, make copies, obtain necessary signatures when needed.
- Prepare treatment area and equipment/supplies for resident as requested by therapy clinician.
- Clean work area and equipment after each treatment.
- Provide routine procedures as outlined in Plan of Care.
- Maintain physical comfort, body alignment, and proper positioning of bedfast residents.
- Requisition needed supplies and equipment; maintain inventory of same.
- Attend and participate in regular in-service and staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR RESTORATIVE AIDE:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas and holds a current Nurses’ Aide Certificate from the State of Texas.
- Preferred 1-3 or more years experience as a certified Nurse’s Aide, preferably in a skilled nursing facility.
- Personality attuned to the requirements of meeting needs of the infirm and aged.
- Demonstrates competency in skills and techniques necessary to care for residents’ needs as identified through resident assessment and described in the care plan.
- Demonstrates knowledge of universal precautions and the blood borne pathogen rules.