We currently have opportunities for a Direct Support Professional at our Village Assisted Living Community located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin).
Our residential communities offer care to adults with a wide variety of cognitive abilities. We provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus.
Full-Time Shifts Available:
- 2:00pm- 10:00pm (Monday- Friday) Village Community
**PRN opportunities available for all shifts (6a-2p, 2p-10p, and 10p-6a)**
Direct Support Professional Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure that residents follow a daily hygiene and grooming routine, providing assistance and training as needed. Redirect residents if not properly clean and dressed.
- Train and supervise residents in proper bedroom and bathroom maintenance, closet organization, and laundry procedures
- Listen to residents who may need to express an opinion or concern and make referral to Administrator of Staff/Resident Training and Development when appropriate
- Conduct and document training of residents
- Follow guidelines concerning supervised medication of residents
- Assure that residents maintain their sleeping schedules (going to bed on time, waking up on schedule)
- Assist and encourage residents in reading, participating in, and adhering to their written weekly schedule
- Assure proper training for residents. This may include daily hygiene, bedroom maintenance, getting along with others, problem solving, fire drills, supervised medication procedures, and job training
- As assigned, supervise residents during special activities, public performances and group gatherings, on and off campus
Direct Support Professional Qualifications and Skills:
- REQUIRED: Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas Driver’s License and good driving record
- One year experience working in a residential setting with individuals with mental or physical challenges, or other relevant life experiences strongly preferred
- Must possess good communication skills and professional manner when relating to staff, residents, vendors, and families
- Must be organized; able to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail