We currently have an opportunity for a full-time Registered Nurse (RN) at our Assisted Living facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin near Buda), where we provide support to an extremely unique population of individuals primarily with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This population makes working at the Ranch a much different experience than working at any other Assisted Living facility in the greater Austin area – in the U.S. there are only a handful of facilities that cater primarily to a special needs population.
- Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
* The nurse’s schedule is dependent on the need of the organization. On-call coverage may be required. *
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Registered Nurse (RN):
- Attend to resident medical and health care needs in a professional and timely manner
- Prepare for physician visits; review charts and vitals
- Assist physician with histories and physicals
- Receive, record and implement physician’s orders
- Schedule labs, retrieve results and follow-up as necessary
- Order prescriptions and medications; refill as needed and prescribed
- Update, correct and maintain resident medication sheets and charts
- Manage the administration, distribution and record keeping of resident medications.
- Perform and document monthly health and hygiene checks
- Communicate resident health issues with designated representative payee
Registered Nurse Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas and holds a current RN license from the State of Texas
- A minimum of three years of LVN/RN experience preferred
- Experience in an Assisted Living Facility preferred
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Supervisory experience required
- Effective communication and personal interaction skills with ability to relate well at all levels
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Buda, Kyle, South Austin, San Marcos, Manchaca, IDD, Long-term care, Special Needs, full-time, benefits, Nurse, Nursing, RN, Registered Nurse, Day shift, Business hours, Monday-Friday, exempt