The Marbridge Foundation currently has full-time and PRN opportunities for a licensed Physical Therapy Assistant at our 84-bed nursing facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin), where we provide nursing and therapy support to an extremely unique population of individuals primarily with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This population makes working at the Villa a much different experience than working at any other nursing facility in the greater Austin area – in the U.S. there are only a handful of nursing facilities that cater primarily to a special needs population.
- Full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00am- 4:30pm
- PRN, as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Treats residents who demonstrate disorders of musculoskeletal deficiencies, neurological conditions, balance disorders, and transfer/gait deficits according to treatment plan established by the Physical Therapist
- Responsible for all documentation as assigned by the Physical Therapist
- Attends all In-Services and Staff Meetings
- Follows all policies and procedures
- Represents themselves in a professional manner at all times including professional conduct, professional communication, and professional attire
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the success of Marbridge and our mission
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Current Physical Therapist Assistant State License – Texas
- Completion of 2 year Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- At least 2 years of long term care experience required
- Experience with the intellectually disabled population preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and transfer 100+ pounds with assistance or use of assistive devices (Hoyer lifts, slide boards, etc.)
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.