The Marbridge Foundation is currently hiring for a Facilities Technician. The Facilities Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical integrity of the property and assisting the Maintenance Director with their responsibilities.
- Full-time, Monday-Friday, 7:30am. – 3:30pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate with residents, guests, visitors and staff
- Conducting all community maintenance work, service requests, building inspections and preventative maintenance
- Day to day maintenance and repair of heating, refrigeration, ventilating, water and boiler equipment, washer and dryer
- Carpentry, including repair and remodeling
- Assist in establishment of routine preventative maintenance program for all physical plant areas and equipment
- Install, service, replace and repair vinyl and ceramic floor covering, wall molding, counter tops and cabinets, window screens and blinds, doors, appliances, light fixtures, and more
- Must be at least 21 years of age, have a valid Texas Driver’s License and clean driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent, plus three years of experience in the maintenance of building facilities and grounds, repair of structures, machinery, plumbing, electrical wiring and fixtures
- HVAC Certification preferred
- Basic technical knowledge and mechanical ability to perform routine maintenance and repair on mechanical and electrical equipment
- Requires lifting, bending, stooping, reaching and standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Able to work in confined spaces, indoors and outdoors in all climates, and unclean environments with fumes, dust and poor ventilation while adhering to company safety requirements and programs.
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.