We currently have PRN opportunities for Licensed Vocational Nurses (LVN) at our 84-bed skilled nursing facility, where we provide nursing support to an extremely unique population of individuals primarily with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This population makes working at the Villa a much different experience than working at any other nursing facility in the greater Austin area – in the U.S. there are only a handful of nursing facilities that cater primarily to a special needs population.
This position is responsible for providing nursing services and care to ensure the health and well being of the residents. The nurse is responsible for assisting physicians with medical and health care needs, receiving and recording physician orders, ordering medications and managing administration, distribution and record-keeping of resident medications, maintaining medical charts, conducting medical and health training for staff and residents, ensuring staff compliance with health-related regulatory requirements, performing monthly health checks, communicating resident health concerns and changes in condition, training staff. This responsibility includes ensuring compliance with state licensing regulations as they relate to the assisted living nursing function.
- PRN, All Shifts (6:00am-2:00pm, 2:00pm-10:00pm, 10:00pm-6:00am)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend to resident medical and health care needs in a professional and timely manner
- Prepare for physician visits; review charts and vitals
- Assist physician with histories and physicals
- Receive, record and implement physician’s orders
- Schedule labs, retrieve results and follow-up as necessary
- Order prescriptions and medications; refill as needed and prescribed
- Update, correct and maintain resident medication sheets and charts
- Manage the administration, distribution and record keeping of resident medications
- Perform and document monthly health and hygiene checks
- Communicate resident health issues with designated representative payee
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas and holds a current LVN license from the State of Texas
- A minimum of three years of LVN experience, ideally in a SNF or Rehab setting
- Strong organization and documentation skills
- Supervisory experience required
- Effective communication and personal interaction skills with ability to relate well at all levels
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.