$500 Sign On Bonus for Full-time Laundry Attendants
The Marbridge Foundation, located in Manchaca, Texas, is currently looking for a full-time laundry attendant to join our team. Marbridge prides itself on providing a fun, compassionate, and mission-focused work environment for our employees while creating numerous opportunities for our residents to achieve a whole new life.
Job Summary for Laundry Attendant:
This position provides a supply of clean, disinfected linens for residents at the Ranch Assisted Living and Villa Nursing Home at all times. The laundry attendant is responsible for keeping residents’ clothing clean and washed in a manner, which will preserve color and fabric, and avoid contamination and spreading of bacteria. They will also keep linens and clothing washed, dried, ironed, folded delivered and stored in designate areas on a daily basis, as well as to keep laundry area and equipment clean.
- Full-time, Friday-Tuesday, 6:00am-2:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives and sorts clothes, bed linens, bibs, bed pads, table cloths, and towels, according to fiber, color, and soiled condition
- Disposes of unusable items and reports need for replacement; stores and secures supplies and equipment; cleans laundry area.
- Operates washing machines, dryers, irons, steamers, and folders in accordance with safety standards
- May operate a motor vehicle to transport laundry between various buildings, required to follow pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Maintain floors, including sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming
- Other duties as assigned to maintain the safety and cleanliness of the Marbridge environment
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED FOR KAUNDRY ATTENDANT:
- At least 21 years of age with a valid Texas Driver License and clean driving record
- 1 year of laundry experience in an industrial setting, such as hotel, laundromat, school, or healthcare facility strongly preferred
- Knowledge about OSHA Blood-borne Pathogen Standards and the required procedure for handling, cleaning, disposing, or moving of objects/materials and the clean-up of blood, infectious materials, or body fluids containing blood
- Good knowledge of laundry methods, equipment, and operations
- Understand reaction of common fabrics to detergents, washing agents, water temperatures, and drying heat; laundry chemicals and their use
- Knowledge identifying fabric colors and types; determining correct wash formula and machine cycle for various types and sizes of loads; operating and cleaning institutional laundry equipment.
- Position involves exposure to heat, humidity, and noise in addition to exposure to heavily soiled or contaminated laundry
- Must be able to move loads weighing up to 100 pounds in carts; lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds; stand for frequent hours at a time with occasional bending, squatting and kneeling
- Required driving of a vehicle to pick up and deliver laundry
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local.