The Marbridge Foundation, located in Manchaca, Texas, is currently looking for a full-time laundry attendant to join our team. Marbridge prides itself on providing a fun, compassionate, and mission-focused work environment for our employees while creating numerous opportunities for our residents to achieve a whole new life.
This position provides a supply of clean, disinfected linens for residents at the Ranch Assisted Living and Villa Nursing Home at all times. The laundry attendant is responsible for keeping residents’ clothing clean and washed in a manner, which will preserve color and fabric, and avoid contamination and spreading of bacteria. They will also keep linens and clothing washed, dried, ironed, folded delivered and stored in designate areas on a daily basis, as well as to keep laundry area and equipment clean.
- Full-time, typically Friday-Tuesday, 6:00am-2:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Laundry Attendant:
- Receives and sorts clothes, bed linens, bibs, bed pads, table cloths, and towels, according to fiber, color, and soiled condition
- Disposes of unusable items and reports need for replacement; stores and secures supplies and equipment; cleans laundry area.
- Operates washing machines, dryers, irons, steamers, and folders in accordance with safety standards; selects correct cycles, formulas, temperatures, and drying times; prepares and loads laundry chemicals; monitors machines for problems and performs minor maintenance; cleans filters on driers as directed; reports repairs and equipment problems immediately to supervisor; reports needed supplies to supervisor, before running out.
- May operate a motor vehicle to transport laundry between various buildings, required to follow pick-up and delivery schedules.
- Maintain floors, including sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming
- Clean bathrooms, commodes, sinks, and bathtubs
- Other duties as assigned to maintain the safety and cleanliness of the Marbridge environment
Education and Skill Requirements for Laundry Attendant:
- At least 21 years of age with a valid Texas Driver License and clean driving record
- 1 year of laundry experience in an industrial setting, such as hotel, laundromat, school, or healthcare facility strongly preferred
- Good knowledge of laundry methods, equipment, and operations
- Understand reaction of common fabrics to detergents, washing agents, water temperatures, and drying heat; laundry chemicals and their use
- Position involves exposure to heat, humidity, and noise in addition to exposure to heavily soiled or contaminated laundry
- Must be able to move loads weighing up to 100 pounds in carts; lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds; stand for frequent hours at a time with occasional bending, squatting and kneeling
A few benefits we offer:
- Medical, Dental & Vision plans
- 401k Retirement with employer matching
- Paid Time Off (80 hours in your first year)
- 7 paid holidays per year
- Freemeals available for specific shifts
- Company-paid Life Insurance Long-Term Disability
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Access to our state of the art gym facility
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If this job sounds like a good fit and you would like to apply, you can either apply through Indeed or you can send your resume to [email protected]