The Marbridge Foundation is currently hiring for a full-time landscaper. The Landscaper is responsible for maintaining the upkeep and appearance of all outdoor areas around Marbridge including grounds, flower beds, and other outdoor spaces.
Landscaper Shift Available:
- Full-Time, Monday-Friday from 7:00am-3:00pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather and remove litter or debris across the property grounds. Includes removing breakfast and lunch trash from community kitchens.
- Purchase and restock gardening supplies as necessary. Inform supervisor when supplies are low
- Upkeep of lawns by mowing, trimming, planting, watering, digging, raking and applying fertilizer and herbicides.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs; apply mulch for protection using gardening tools.
- Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, rocks, or plant flowers and foliage.
- Plant and cultivate lawns and gardens.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, and hedges using shears, pruners or saws.
- Trim and pick dead flowers, and clear weeds throughout campus beds. Spray weeds throughout campus.
- Water lawns, trees, and plants using portable sprinkler systems, hoses or watering cans.
- Install rock gardens, ponds, drainage systems, irrigation systems, retaining walls, fences, and planters
- Install, or assist in the installation of Christmas decorations
- Other duties as assigned as it would benefit the facilities team or the organization
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demands requirements
- Ability to work around chemicals such as pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides.
- Knowledge of how to operate powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, golf carts, and pruning saws.
- Ability to use hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning shears, saws, hedge trimmers, and axes. Care of tools and economical use of all maintenance supplies.
- Ability to visualize how an overall outdoor space will look once landscape project is complete.
- Requires lifting, bending, stooping, reaching and standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 21 years of age with a valid Texas drivers license and a clean driving record (required)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of standards principles, methods, practice, techniques, tools, and equipment used in a groundskeeper role
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally, and in writing
- Must be able to operate various industrial groundskeeper equipment such as: gas powered mowers, tractors, blowers, chain-saws, electric clippers, and pruning saws. Other equipment includes hand tools such as shovels, rakes, pruning shears, saws, hedge trimmers, and axes
- One year of experience in a groundskeeper role preferred
- Experience in small engine repair (lawn mower, chain saw, weed eaters, etc.) preferred
- Experience with installation and maintenance of underground sprinkler systems preferred