The Marbridge Foundation, located in Manchaca, Texas, is currently looking for a full-time Human Resources Assistant to join our team. Marbridge prides itself on providing a fun, compassionate, and mission-focused work environment for our employees while creating numerous opportunities for our residents to achieve a whole new life.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain accurate and up to date personnel files.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee records and release authorized information regarding employee verification in accordance with company policy.
- Process all status changes, term forms, and other employee changes.
- Maintain an environment that acknowledges and supports employees by being positive, flexible, and cooperative.
- Answers frequently asked questions from employees and visitors relative to the organization, policies, benefits, and processes. Refers more complex questions to the appropriate person.
- Support company recognition program by ordering gifts for Premier Employees and anniversary celebrations.
- Support the company benefits program by assisting HR director with annual open enrollment, arranging benefit meetings for newly eligible employees, and assisting employees with questions or issues they have concerning benefits.
- Act as a liaison between the organization and external providers/vendors including benefit providers.
- Maintain and track mandatory paperwork to ensure we are in compliance with legal requirements. (Verify Nursing Licenses, Misconduct Registry, TB testing, I-9, OSHA requirements, and drivers license reports / verification of valid driver’s licenses.)
- Assist HR Director with Workers Compensation injury reporting and claim processing.
- Assist HR Director with FMLA and Medical Leave paperwork and tracking.
- Reconcile and process Insurance bills.
- Process human resource bills and managing/handling money from sale of promo items.
- Recruits as needed.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Provides clerical support to the HR department.
- Train as a back-up for payroll.
- Function in other organizational activities and special projects as assigned by Human Resources Director.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- A minimum of two years experiencein Human Resources
- Must be able to professionally and effectively communicate using written and oral communication.
- Must have computer experience, and demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Must posses good telephone skills and behave in a professional manner when relating to staff, vendors and residents. Must be able to work independently or as a team, and maintain a high level of confidentiality. Must be able to provide detail information, handle multiple tasks, proper filing, have a strong sense of urgency, and possess excellent organization and time management skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / DEMANDS:
Required lifting, bending, stopping, reaching, frequent walking and sitting for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Requires normal range of hearing and vision.
- Maintain a professional appearance and behavior when in contact with customers, residents and co-workers.
- Follow Policies & Procedures in training manuals and employee handbook.
- Remember the importance of providing residents with service and attitudes that ensure their safety, well being, happiness and support the development of the whole person-physically, mentally and spiritually.
WORKING CONDITIONS & HOURS:
Typical hours are Monday-Friday 8a-4:30pm. Occasionally called upon to work overtime or odd schedules. Works in an office setting.
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.