The Villa at Marbridge is currently seeking an experienced Certified Medication Aide for a driver role.
This position is responsible to the nursing department for ensuring the safety, well-being and happiness of the Villa residents and creating an environment where residents can thrive and reach their full potential. The driver is an employee hired to safely and efficiently transport one or more residents and or staff to their required destinations in a Marbridge supplied vehicle. These may include work sites, airports, bus stations, doctor and dental visits, and other destinations as the need arises. The Driver may also transport items from one Marbridge campus to another such as mail, interoffice communications, supplies etc. as the need arises.
- Full-time, Monday- Friday, 7:00am- 4:30pm
*Hours may vary based on the needs of the facility and our residents*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain vehicle folder with mileage chart for the vehicle you will be driving and communicate to the nursing team which vehicle you will be driving.
- Schedule all doctor’s appointments for Villa residents throughout the year. Doctor’s appointments can include visits to primary care doctor, specialist, eye doctor or dentist.
- Communicate doctor’s appointments to approved family members and Villa staff.
- Responsible for providing transportation for residents to and from appointments.
- Plan your daily schedule well in advance to accommodate for travel time and to ensure the resident arrives on time for their appointment.
- Collect and prepare all necessary documents needed for each resident before their appointment.
- Pick up over the counter medications on a scheduled basis.
- Fully understands all aspects of residents’ rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Is responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents’ rights.
- Protects the personal belongings of each resident, including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing and memorabilia. Promptly reports missing items according to established policy and participates in efforts to locate missing items.
- May be required to assist in customary daily requirements and tasks in care and treatment such as bathing, feeding, dressing, observing intake of food, care of hair, nails, and moving residents from area to area.
- Interacts with residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Report any scheduled maintenance, obvious safety issues, or damage to vehicles before leaving campus to the shift supervisor.
- Maintain a routine schedule, but complete other driving tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
- Ensure that residents and/or items being delivered arrive at their destinations safely and on time.
- Adhere to all Marbridge company vehicle usage policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old with a valid Texas Driver License and clean driving record
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas and holds a current Nurses’ Aide Certificate from the State of Texas.
- Completion of training and competency program approved by the State of Texas and holds a current Medication Aide Certificate from the State of Texas.
- One year experience working in a residential setting with individuals with mental or physical challenges.
- Must possess good communication skills and professional manner when relating to staff, residents, vendors and families.
- Must be organized and have ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, be able to communicate, read, speak and write the English language, and perform simple math calculations
How to Apply
If this sounds like the position for you, please apply through Indeed here