The Marbridge Foundation (located in Manchaca, Texas) is currently looking for Driver’s to join our Village team. The Driver is an employee hired to safely and efficiently transport one or more residents and or staff to their required destinations in a Marbridge supplied vehicle. These may include work sites, airports, bus stations, doctor and dental visits, and other destinations as the need arises. The Driver may also transport items from one Marbridge campus to another such as mail, interoffice communications, supplies etc. as the need arises.
Marbridge is a long-term care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities. Our residential communities offer care to adults with a wide variety of cognitive abilities. We provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus.
- Full-time, 7:30am-3:30pm, Monday-Friday
- Full-time, 6:00am-10:00pm, Saturday-Sunday only
DRIVER ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that residents and/or items being delivered arrive at their destinations safely and on time by maintaining a routine transportation schedule, staying in contact with the dispatcher, and practicing safe driving habits.
- Supervise residents during trips away from the facility as assigned, redirect and report any inappropriate resident behavior or non-compliance as it occurs.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and functionality of the vehicle, including removing trash, going through car washes, keeping vehicle fueled, and enforcing the no eating/drinking policy in Marbridge vehicles.
- Perform other duties as assigned
DRIVER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Texas Drivers License and a clean driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience working in a residential setting with individuals with mental or physical challenges a plus
- One year experience with driving vans or shuttles a plus
- Must possess good communication skills and professional manner when relating to staff, residents, vendors, and families.
- Must be organized and have ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate exceptional problem solving and customer service skills, be able to communicate, read, speak and write the English language, and perform simple math calculations