Position Summary and General Description of Duties:
The Development Associate is a full time, non-exempt, hourly position and a vital component to the health, safety, and well-being of Marbridge – providing support and collaboration with the Development team, the campus, and senior leadership.
- Manage the development donor database including all data entry, queries, mail merges, campaign management, customization, volunteer support, monitoring and maintenance of all pledges, keeping functional, clean, and non-duplicate records. Follow all processes and procedures regarding the donor database.
- Complete oversight and development of timely tax/thank you letters along with monthly invoices for pledges.
- Aid and train staff on the donor database as needed.
- Prepare for and clean-up after events.
- Assist in updating small portions of the website as needed.
- Preparation for Board of Trustee’s meetings, including collection of reports, assembling Board booklets, distribution to members and staff, along with set-up and clean-up of refreshments and materials for meetings.
- Maintain all administrative duties as it relates to the Board of Trustees including minutes, new members, resolutions, terms, contact lists, and adhering to protection of any confidential information.
- As needed, assistance in editing/proofreading marketing materials.
- Complete coordination and posting of quarterly employee service recognition awards.
- Receptionist duties as needed and assigned.
- Provide notary services for Marbridge business.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all donors, families, and community supporters through phone, email, and face-to-face.
- Primary solicitor for in-kind donations including completion of funding applications (digital and written) and proper record keeping as such.
- Conduct appropriate wealth analytic research.
- Participate, help organize, recruit, and follow-up with guests for monthly awareness (JAM Sessions), education sessions and other events.
REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Required: To perform this job successfully, this position must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Associates degree with an emphasis in office management, database management, healthcare, fundraising, or related; or 2-3+ years related experience and/or training preferably in a Fundraising/Development office; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to successfully manage a CRM or similar database, preferably a donor database.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Suite, Outlook365, and a CRM and/or donor database.
- Proficient in word processing, database management, and computer skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in a complex and fast-paced work environment.
- Valid and current auto insurance and TX driver’s license is required. Reliable transportation a must.
- Experience fundraising or working in an environment for a special needs population, healthcare, human services or similar.
- Experience and/or some training in fundraising, finance, office management, and/or special event planning.
- Knowledge of fundraising laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of the Benevon Model of Fundraising and bloomerang donor database.
- Knowledge of the needs of those who have cognitive or intellectual impairments, elderly, and/or people with disabilities.
Competencies and Standards:
- Transparent working environment.
- Maintains a professional appearance and behavior when in the office.
- Organized and exceptional attention to detail with proven time management skills and ability to use common sense and creative thinking skills; ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines without sacrificing attention to detail.
- Flexibility in meeting shifting demands and priorities.
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision, values, and programs of Marbridge and the ability to convey that information.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must be able to work effectively with strict timelines, on a schedule that requires working some weekends and evenings.
- Effective at managing time and multiple projects at the same time.