The Marbridge Foundation currently has an opportunity for a full-time custodian at one of our residential communities on campus.
Our residential communities offer care to adults with a wide variety of cognitive abilities and intellectual disabilities. We provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus.
- Full-time, 7:00am- 3:00pm, Monday- Friday (driving required)
HOUSEKEEPER ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend to the housekeeping needs of the facility and its residents in a timely and professional manner
- Deep clean bathrooms, commodes, sinks, bathtubs, carpets, vents, windows, blinds, walls and doors as scheduled
- Strip, wax and buff tile floors according to schedule and as needed
- Attend staff meetings, in-service training, conferences and other activities
- Maintain equipment and supplies to ensure adequate availability while maintaining budgetary compliance
- Conduct a walk-through of buildings on a regular schedule; ensure assigned buildings are maintained in a clean and neat manner each day
- Assist with other organizational activities as assigned by the supervisor
- Perform similar job-related duties as assigned
JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR HOUSEKEEPER:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one year experience working in the capacity of custodian or housekeeper
- Experience cleaning in a medical facility a plus
- Experience using a floor buffer a plus
- If applying for a driving role: must be at least 21 years of age with a valid Texas driver’s license and a clean driving record
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood and bodily fluids. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of resident conditions and elements.
- Must be able to assist Residents in making beds, straightening closets and drawers which require the ability to bend and reach.
- Must be able to use a broom, mop, vacuum cleaner, buffers, wet vacuums and cleaning supplies such as Windex, bleach, and comet.
- Must be able to frequently lift approximately twenty five pounds due to lifting laundry bags, straightening closets, or storing resident’s seasonal clothing.
- May be needed on occasion to assist in lifting objects or residents between 50-100 pounds in order to lift, move and transports residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Requires walking extensively to and from various locations while making rounds.
- Requires standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, and reaching overhead regularly.