We currently have an opportunity for a Registered Nurse to join our nurse management team as an Assistant Director of Nursing at our 84-bed facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin), where we provide nursing support to an extremely unique population of individuals primarily with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This population makes working at the Villa a much different experience than working at any other nursing facility in the greater Austin area – in the U.S. there are only a handful of nursing facilities that cater primarily to a special needs population.
Duties and Responsibilities for the Assistant Director of Nursing:
- Assists in developing a cohesive nursing team by leading, motivating and supporting staff
- Responsible for the assignment and scheduling of nursing staff to meet residential needs
- Assists the Director of Nursing in the design, implementation and evaluation of nursing systems that ensure consistent delivery of care and maintains and promotes resident rights.
- Have a basic understanding of the core systems (skin/weight/infections/wounds) and gathering monthly information for State monitoring
- Assists in recruitment and selection of nursing personnel
- Ensures that quality resident care is provided by properly scheduling Nursing Staff
- Assists in implementing, coordinating and supervising compliance with Resident Care Management Systems
- Supports a positive work environment in line with Marbridge’s mission and vision
Requirements for the Assistant Director of Nursing:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) Certification
- 4 years previous experience in a skilled nursing facility or long-term care setting required
- Excellent clinical and mentoring skills
- Experience in quality assurance and advanced training in infection control procedures
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Must be knowledgeable of general, rehabilitative and restorative nursing procedures, laws and regulations and guidelines governing long-term care