The Marbridge Foundation is currently looking for a Full-Time Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our accounting team. The Accounts Receivable position reports to the Director of Accounting and is responsible for compiling, computing and recording billing charges for services. This position prepares and delivers monthly statements for tuition and other expenses to the appropriate parties for our 3 communities: The Village, The Ranch and the Villa as well as the Food Court and Gymnasium Rental.
Duties include receiving payments and posting amount to customer accounts. Payments include but are not limited to tuition, rentals and medical insurance payments. Employee performs bookkeeping, payer account research and administrative work relating to accounts receivable. Work involves auditing, checking balances on accounts and trusts and preparing reports.
This role must adhere to daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines; therefore attention to detail, consistency, and punctuality are key traits for success in this entry level role.
- Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00am- 4:30pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare daily bank deposits
- Process cash receipts
- Post insurance payments
- Ability to accurately enter moderate amounts of data
- Post payments to accounts including tuition, room, & board, medical payers such as Medicaid, Medicare, and Commercial Insurance payments
- Prepare resident tuition billing statements
- Prepare resident trust account statements
- Set up and maintain accounts receivable files
- Process adjustments and write offs
- Maintain resident trust accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required
- A minimum of 3 years related experience in accounting/bookkeeping, preferably in a healthcare setting
- Must have computer experience, and demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and knowledge of healthcare industry based accounting software. Point Click Care experience a plus.
- Must possess customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Medical accounts receivable experience a plus
- Must have written and verbal communication skills, customer service skills, telephone skills, time management and organizational skills, problem solving, interpersonal skills, and knowledge of bookkeeping principles, relevant computer applications and accounts receivable procedures.
- Must behave in a professional manner when relating to staff, vendors, residents and their families.
- Must be able to work independently or as a team, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to provide detailed information, handle multiple tasks have a strong sense of urgency, and possess organization and time management skills.