Physical Therapist (PT)
The Marbridge Foundation currently has PRN opportunities for licensed Physical Therapists at our 92-bed nursing facility, located in Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin), where we provide nursing and therapy support to an extremely unique population of individuals primarily with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
This population makes working at the Villa a much different experience than working at any other nursing facility in the greater Austin area – in the U.S. there are only a handful of nursing facilities that cater primarily to a special needs population.
The Physical Therapist reports to the Director of Rehab for their direct clinical skills, documentation skills, and compliance to all professional standards. In addition, the PT is responsible for supervising the Physical Therapy Assistant.
- PRN, as needed (Typical shifts are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates and treats residents who demonstrate disorders of musculoskeletal deficiencies, neurological conditions, balance disorders, and transfer/gait deficits. Evaluation and treatment will only be conducted after a written order is received from the physician.
- Responsible for all documentation including, but not limited to,:
- Initial Evaluation Forms
- Weekly Progress Notes
- Monthly Recertification Forms
- Discharge Summaries
- Attends all In-Services and Staff Meetings
- In conjunction with the Director and other disciplines, develops and facilitates programs appropriate to the needs of the residents, to assist them in achieving their highest possible level of functioning and independence.
- Follows all policies and procedures
- Responsible for scheduling all residents on caseload.
- Represents themselves in a professional manner at all times including professional conduct, professional communication, and professional attire
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapy State License – Texas
- Current Texas State Driver License
- At least 2 years of long term care experience required
- Experience with the population preferred
Marbridge is a long-term residential care facility for adults with intellectual disabilities, offering a full spectrum of services tailored to individual needs and abilities. Located in Manchaca, Texas (between Austin and Buda), we provide our residents with opportunities to learn, experience, and achieve a whole new life. Our residents lead busy lives, participating in any of our 150 classes offered on-site at our 200 acre campus. Each of our three communities — The Ranch, The Village, and The Villa — provide a different level of care, support, and guidance, all based on the needs and independence levels of the residents who call Marbridge home.
Marbridge provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.